Kahua for Healthcare
Reinventing Project Management & Collaboration
Kahua helps healthcare organizations improve flexibility and manage complexity
Healthcare projects are typically both expensive and complex. The number of parties involved, community exposure, construction timelines, patient/staff experiences, unique equipment considerations, budget concerns and facility longevity present significant challenges for project owners.
- Market pressure and competition drive the requirement for superior performance regardless of economic cycles.
- Healthcare facility projects are unique given their oversight from authorities having jurisdiction, input from owners, user groups, specialists, and contractors, as well as technical requirements from codes, standards, and best practices.
- Flexibility in design as the project progresses is crucial. Regulations, preferences, technology and trends can change on a dime.
- The need for existing areas and systems to remain operational, often 24/7, intensifies the requirement for coordination between all project participants.
Major healthcare systems are increasingly adopting integrated delivery approaches such as design-build, and employing lean techniques to address these challenges. These organizations look to Kahua for collaborative cost, file, document and schedule management solutions that provide:
- Agility – the ability to operate at peak efficiency and respond rapidly to change
- Visibility – the ability to detect problems early, track status, report in real time and hold all project participants accountable for results
- Risk Mitigation – improvement in regulatory compliance and community relations
- Capital Asset Value Maximization – the highest performing assets delivered at the lowest possible cost